Published: October 5, 2018
Edited: August 23, 2022
A visit to an authentic farm is a unique and special experience. You can find out all about the history of farming and the differences between how it was done in the old day compared to nowadays. But probably the best part of it is to explore how it feels to be an actual farmer. A typical farmer will carry out a range of duties, including cleaning and tending to livestock, ploughing, planting and harvesting crops, tractor driving and other general handiwork.
If you are ready to get your insight into a true farmer’s life, here’s 7 amazing activities that you can experience on our farms:
Milk the cow
- you would think that milking the cow couldn’t be any easier. But in fact, there’s much more to it than it seems. Watch a milking demonstration, see how it feels for yourself and in the end, taste the freshly pasteurized milk.
Grow a veggie
- dig your hands into the soil and learn how to prepare the garden beds, to properly plant a seed or a seedling, how to water and weed your crops and finally harvesting full-grown veggies like tomatoes, zucchinis or beans.
Collect the eggs
- visit a real hen house, pet the cute chickens and help the farmers to collect, clean and store chicken eggs.
Visit the beehives
- be amazed by Slovenian gorgeous beehives, where the panels are traditionally painted with fascinating images that turned simple bee houses into veritable open-air art galleries.
- learn how to bake your own bread without any modern appliances, using no other implements but your hands, a wooden spoon, and an old wood-fired oven.
Drive a tractor
- get involved with the farm work, learn the basics, and other farming methods, with ploughing and chain harrowing. Get one-on-one with a proper farmer and try to drive the real authentic tractor.
Take a nap
- step into the hay barn lay down and enjoy the extraordinary accommodation of the old days. The smell of fresh hay alone means relaxation and recovery.